Description

A place where an Irish teen scribbles down her passing thoughts.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

These are a few of my favourite things

Dad :  Where's all the milk gone?
Mum :  Claauudiaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Me :  Yeeaaah???
Mum :  Did you finish the milk?
Me :  ..maybe..

1. Milk


Ever since I was young,I've had an obsession with milk.I just can't get enough of it.
One of the things I loved about Primary School was that you could sign up to be on the 'milk list' (or whatever they called it) in which at the start of the year you paid a fee so that each lunch time you would receive a little carton of milk,fresh out of the fridge!It was heaven. :)


2. Where's Wally (or waldo - as the yanks call it!)

I don't know when it came about but it was pretty recently (2 years ago I think) when I realized I have an obsession with Wally. First, I (along with some class friends) printed out LOADS of where's wally characters in school.During art class we cut them all out and secretly ran around the school sticking them in various places (including the inside of a vending machine,inside a clock,and lots of other places.)During that week,people started noticing them and it was pretty funny for everyone!
Then, I unknowingly/subconsciously started buying lots of striped clothes (it was only until I was queuing up for a dressing room in a clothes shop a while back when I suddenly noticed that all 6 items of clothing were striped.) When I was trying to find a halloween costume to wear,I came across the perfect wally socks (red and white striped obviously.) And people in school have picked up on my wally obsession and started calling me wally!It's pretty crazy :)

3.The Smell of Apple Products



This has to be the most bizarre of my favourites. Every time I buy a new Apple product I spent (at least) the first week constantly sniffing it. It really is amazing,yet none of my friends/family shared the same experience as me,and gave me some weird looks for it.So me,feeling a little worried for my mental health at this point,immediately hit the internet to see if I'm the only one with this product sniffing fetish. I stumbled across a blogger who wrote an article about it which put my mind at ease when I found out I'm not the only one.