Description

A place where an Irish teen scribbles down her passing thoughts.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Arthritis update - cimzia

Hey,

I know it's been a while, but the leaving cert has restricted me a fair bit.

I mentioned being on Humira self injections for a while, and since it didn't do much improvement wise, I came off it at started a brand new batch of self injections called Cimzia.

These are 100 times worse than Humira. Holy mother these hurt like hell.
They were also designed terribly- Humira was a pen that did the work itsself once i pressed the button. Cimzia is scarier looking than any other injection and it has a much bigger needle too. Worse still, your first 3 times you must take TWO injections. TWO!! Who the fuck do they think they are?!? The pain from them is also a lot worse and they take a lot longer to do than Humira.
Today, the house nurse came over and the pain was so unbearable I tried to take the thig out half way through! I also cried like a baby.
So now I've decided I'm never taking them again.